Child & Youth Programmer
The Children’s Programmer will work as a member of a team to ensure all program areas and activities are as safe as possible and to act as good role models for children. The Children’s Programmer must work within the guidelines, policies, protocols and mission of HIES Child, Youth & Community Program and will be responsible for all the work assigned within their area of the HIES organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Support all aspects of program development, delivery and supervision of child, youth and teen programs. Communicate with program mentors and families. Acquire and prepare materials in support of programs. Prepare advertising and promotion of activities. Organise and oversee community programs aimed at young people.
Position most suitable for a flexible, adaptable creative problem solver with experience working with children and youth.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to work collaboratively and as a member of a team
- Understanding and acceptance that hours will vary depending on program needs
- Positive outlook and non-judgemental attitude
- Experienced working with children
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Current Criminal Record check upon hire
- Emergency First Aid/CPR training would be an asset
This position is for 12 – 15 hours per week, February through May 2021. Days of the week are to be determined. The wage is $20.00 per hour.
Closing date: February 11, 2021 @ noon.
Apply to: email@example.com