The Hornby Island Educational Society (HIES) is hiring a Financial Administrator.
HIES board of directors is currently seeking a Financial Administrator to work 8-12 hours per month.
On a monthly/bimonthly basis the HIES Financial Administrator will be responsible for:
- Producing bookkeeping spreadsheets for HIES program coordinators;
- Processing invoices, cheque requisitions, etc.
- Conducting bank reconciliations for each program;
- Communicating about any discrepancies;
- Running monthly payroll though Quickbooks Online;
- Issuing Charitable Tax Receipts;
- Preparing basic financial reports for the board;
- Maintaining necessary files; and
- Billing each HIES program for the above services, based on time required.
On a yearly basis, the HIES Financial Administrator will also be responsible for:
- Liaising with the accountant who prepares the year-end financial report (fiscal year-end June 30th);
- Ensuring that the board has the information it needs for the Annual General Meeting;
- Filing the Charitable Tax Return (before December 31st);
- Any other necessary filings and basic administrative tasks to ensure that HIES remains in good standing as a non-profit society and charitable organization.
The HIES Financial Administrator will report to HIES board President and Treasurer and will be provided with a well-appointed office in Room to Grow.
Wage: $25 – $30 /hr
Skills and Aptitudes
The HIES Financial Administrator:
- has significant bookkeeping experience in the non-profit sector;
- high level aptitude with Quickbooks;
- is extremely well-organized;
- communicates clearly;
- can work independently: meeting deadlines and sending reminders on time, every time;
- whole-heartedly believes in the HIES organizational mission.
Resumes accepted until September 14, 2020 at noon at: firstname.lastname@example.org