The Hornby Island Educational Society (HIES) is hiring an Administrative Coordinator.
HIES is restructuring and the board of directors is currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to work 5-8 hours per month.
This position is 80% (maybe even 87%) bookkeeping.
On a monthly basis the HIES Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Collecting bookkeeping spreadsheets from HIES program coordinators;
- Conducting bank reconciliations for each program;
- Communicating about any discrepancies;
- Amalgamating the program-level bookkeeping into Quickbooks Online;
- Running monthly payroll though Quickbooks Online;
- Issuing Charitable Tax Receipts;
- Preparing basic reports for the board;
- Maintaining necessary files; and
- Billing each HIES program for the above services, based on time required.
On a yearly basis, the HIES Administrative Coordinator will also be responsible for:
- Liaising with the accountant who prepares the year-end financial report (fiscal year-end June 30th);
- Ensuring that board has the information it needs for the Annual General Meeting;
- Filing the Charitable Tax Return (before December 31st);
- Any other necessary filings and basic administrative tasks to ensure that HIES remains in good standing as a non-profit society and charitable organization.
The HIES Administrative Coordinator will report to the President of the HIES board.
The HIES Administrative Coordinator will be provided with a well-appointed office in Room to Grow. Friendly people, shared work stations.
Skills and Aptitudes
The HIES Administrative Coordinator:
- has significant bookkeeping experience in the non-profit sector;
- is extremely well-organized;
- communicates clearly;
- can work independently: meeting deadlines and sending reminders on time, every time;
- has a well-honed sense of humour;
- is willing to start a brand-new position during a time of transition: is willing to assist with setting up systems, even if that takes a little trial and error; and
- whole-heartedly believes in the HIES organizational mission.
Find the full job description here.
Resumes accepted until January 25th, 2019 at 9am at firstname.lastname@example.org