The Hornby Island Educational Society has a position open
Job Title: Community Programs Co-ordinator
Number of hours per week: 12-15
Remuneration: $18.00 per hour
Hours of operation: Between 1pm and 5pm Mon to Thurs, and 6pm to 10pm on Fridays
Period of work: September to June
Employment to start: October 15, 2017
HIES is seeking to employ an individual with related education and/or extensive experience supervising and facilitating programs for children and youth.
The position requirements:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a post secondary education in Child and Youth care or related fields of study.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with children and youth.
- Must be self directed and detail oriented
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated organization and administrative skills
- Commitment to continue to develop professional skills with employer support
- Aptitude for technology
- High energy and a positive attitude
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director and School Administration to plan, develop and deliver a series of afterschool programs that involve community mentors. This program enhances artistic and recreational opportunities for children.
- Plan, develop and deliver programs for youth aged 13-18, offering at least 2 evenings per month of youth engaging activities.
- Supervise youth and children and ensure physical and emotional safety of all participants.
- Encourage community wide involvement including volunteerism, mentorships, and contributions.
- Set and collect user fees and build program schedules according to budgets with Executive Director.
- Respond to community needs and requests, and strive to offer all inclusive programming.
- Support school-based programs as requested by teachers, principal or director.
- Evaluate programs and make changes and improvements as needed.
If you have further questions or would like more information, please contact Charmaine Logan 250-335-1085
Please email resumes to email@example.com or by mail to HIES – 2100 Sollans Road, Hornby Island. Applications will be accepted until September 30, 2017.