The Hornby Island Educational Society (HIES) is hiring a Financial Coordinator.
HIES has restructured and the board of directors is currently seeking a Financial Coordinator to work 5-8 hours per month.
On a monthly basis the HIES Financial Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Collecting bookkeeping spreadsheets from HIES program coordinators;
- Conducting bank reconciliations for each program;
- Communicating about any discrepancies;
- Running monthly payroll though Quickbooks Online;
- Issuing Charitable Tax Receipts;
- Preparing basic reports for the board;
- Maintaining necessary files; and
- Billing each HIES program for the above services, based on time required.
On a yearly basis, the HIES Financial Coordinator will also be responsible for:
- Liaising with the accountant who prepares the year-end financial report (fiscal year-end June 30th);
- Ensuring that board has the information it needs for the Annual General Meeting;
- Filing the Charitable Tax Return (before December 31st);
- Any other necessary filings and basic administrative tasks to ensure that HIES remains in good standing as a non-profit society and charitable organization.
The HIES Financial Coordinator will report to the President of the HIES board and will be provided with a well-appointed office in Room to Grow.
Skills and Aptitudes
The HIES Financial Coordinator:
- has significant bookkeeping experience in the non-profit sector;
- is extremely well-organized;
- communicates clearly;
- can work independently: meeting deadlines and sending reminders on time, every time;
- has a well-honed sense of humour;
- whole-heartedly believes in the HIES organizational mission.
Resumes accepted until November 13th, 2019 at noon at: